76. New Jersey has the highest population density in the U.S., over 13 times the national average.
77. New Jersey has the highest percent urban population in the U.S., with about 90% of its residents living in an urban area.
78. New Jersey is the only state where all its counties are classified as metropolitan areas.
79. New Jersey has the densest system of highways and railroads in the U.S.
80. Cape May holds the distinction of being the oldest seashore resort in the United States.
81. New Jersey has the most diners in the world, and is sometimes referred to as the “Diner Capital of the World.”
82. Northern New Jersey has the most shopping malls in one area in the world, with seven major shopping malls within a 25- square-mile radius.
83. The Passaic River in New Jersey was the site of the first submarine ride by inventor John P. Holland.
84. New Jersey is the largest chemical-producing state in the nation.
85. The largest seaport in the United States is located in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
86. The light bulb, phonograph, and motion picture projector were all invented by Thomas Edison in Menlo Park, New Jersey
87. Atlantic City, New Jersey has the longest boardwalk in the world.
88. The United States’ first Indian reservation was in New Jersey.
89. The first officially recorded, organized baseball match was played in Hoboken, New Jersey on June 19, 1846.
90. The first intercollegiate football game was played in New Brunswick, in 1869.
91. The first drive-in movie theater was opened in Camden.
92. New Jersey has more toxic waste dumps (108) than any other state in the nation.
93. New Jersey was named after the Isle of Jersey, a British Crown Dependency in the English Channel.
94. The world’s largest statue of a tooth is located in Trenton, New Jersey.
95. The first national historic park in America was established in 1933 in Morristown.
96. New Jersey is the world leader in blueberry and cranberry production.
97. Les Paul invented the first solid body electric guitar in Mahwah, New Jersey in 1940.
98. The first passenger airplane flight flew from New York to Atlantic City on May 3, 1919.
99. The world-famous board game Monopoly named the streets on its playing board after actual streets in Atlantic City.
100. The first ferry service in the United States operated between Hoboken, NJ and Manhattan, NY in 1811.